Easy Split Pea Soup - Slow Cooker


I love split pea soup.  It is so easy to make.  Here is what is needed to start with:
I forgot to add the salt to the photo, sorry.
The recipe I follow is one I have had for years.

EASY SPLIT PEA SOUP - SLOW COOKER

I have been making this soup for years.  The family loves it.

Ingredients:

1 package of dry green split peas (rinse til water is clear)

1 package Turkey Polska Kielbasa (I use Hillshire Farms) sliced

2 carrots peeled and sliced

1 whole yellow onion chopped

1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped

4 cloves garlic minced 

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried basil

42 ounces low sodium chicken broth 

Everything in to the crock pot and stir.  Cook on high for 6 hours.  That’s it.

I serve soup with crusty baguette.


Please comment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Chicken Curry

Easy Chili and Cream Cheese Dip - Football Party

Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables