Easy Macaroni and Cheese



This is one of my favorite recipes.  I know I say that about almost everything that I post, but it is true.  I have made this many many times.  Here is an important thing to remember - salt.  This tastes awful with out salt.  I made that mistake once, years ago, and my family still teases me about it.

Here is the recipe.


Easy Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients

8 oz uncooked macaroni

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups milk

2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese

Instructions


Cook macaroni per package instructions.  Drain.  In same large pot add butter, flour and salt stirring until bubbling. Add milk stirring constantly until boils stirring the entire time.  Remove from heat - stir in cheese.  When it is melted stir the macaroni back in.  Heat through.  Basic recipe was from Pillsbury Kitchen’s Family Cookbook (I can not find a year - my cookbook is held together with duct tape but my guess is late 1970’s)


Easy! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Chicken Curry

Easy Chili and Cream Cheese Dip - Football Party

Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables